For over 50 years, the Canadian Association of Management Consultants (CMC-Canada) has fostered excellence and integrity in the management consulting profession as a whole.
CMC-Canada administers, and its provincial Institutes confer, the Certified Management Consultant (CMC) designation in Canada.
The Association and its 2,850+ members advocate for the CMC designation and are dedicated to advancing the profession and delivering the benefits of those efforts to the client community.
Become a part of our community today.
- Ethical Code: You’re serious and committed to your profession and your own professionalism. Becoming a member of CMC-Canada demonstrates your commitment to a Uniform Code of Professional Conduct, your continued professional development, and a high standard of consulting expertise.
- CMC Designation: Your membership in CMC-Alberta allows you to apply for the Certified Management Consultant (CMC) designation, the profession's only international certification mark, recognized in more than 40 countries. Achieve the CMC and communicate to employers that you practice ‘a higher level of management consulting.’
- Stay Current: CMC-Alberta has your life-long learning needs in mind. We offer a variety of continuous learning opportunities throughout the year -- our complete line-up of regional and national professional development and networking programs includes: speaker events; information sessions; panel discussions; webinars; CMC courses; Special Interest Group meetings; conferences; and more!
Join our Community
- Grow Your Professional Network: Membership with CMC-Alberta connects you with the management consulting industry worldwide. Our members are proven professionals who work on amazing projects and are willing to share their experiences. Befriend people in your consulting areas and increase your network.
- Get Exposure to Clients: As a CMC-Canada member, you have the option of publicly promoting your business through the cmc-canada.ca Member Directory. By listing your name and business, potential clients gain access to and learn more about your services. Many CMC-Canada members use the Directory to search for other members to collaborate on projects.
- Participate in the Management Advisory Service (MAS): Once you earn your CMC designation, consider participating in the MAS program administered by CMC-Canada in strategic collaboration with the National Research Council-Industrial Research Assistance Program (NRC-IRAP). Qualified CMCs are recommended to assist small and medium-sized businesses that need management consulting advice. This program is nation-wide and financially supported through NRC-IRAP.
- Get Involved: Your local Institute is where much of the real action takes place. Membership brings you into that fold and affords you many opportunities to participate in social and networking events as you and your peers work together to make your Institute a vital and important resource.
Value - Affinity Partners
- Our Member Savings Programs provide an excellent return on your membership investment -- more than offsetting the cost of membership:
- LMS Prolink: Home and Auto Insurance Program - Effective September 1, 2016, the CMC-Canada Member Home and Auto Insurance Program is moving from TD Meloche Monnex to PROLINK Insurance. To learn more, visit our Affinity Partners page.
- LMS Prolink: Professional and General Liability Insurance
“I was surprised to learn that my Errors & Omissions insurance with LMS Prolink is HALF of what an acquaintance of mine is paying for the same cover. I only paid just over a $1,000.” Lianti Muller CMC
CMC-Canada's exclusive Group Professional Liability program is a low cost solution for Errors and Omissions Insurance Coverage, providing the safety net you need.
- Policy cost for management consultant without CMC-Canada membership: $X premium
- Policy cost for basic CMC-Canada member: 80% of $X premium
- Policy cost for CMC/FCMC designate: 65% of $X
- While coverage varies, assuming a basic policy costs $2000, joining CMC-Canada can save you the cost of your annual membership fees in insurance coverage.
- Wise Riddell Financial Group: Insurance, Benefits, and Savings
Wise Riddell Financial Group has been a leader in providing insurance and investment solutions to professionals and business owners for over 30 years. Our goal is to provide CMC-Canada members with an exclusive line up of insurance and investment products with discounts as high as 50%. Also, we have established a network of professionals across the country to service your needs.
- 2016 Canadian Management Consulting Industry Study: Our Canadian Management Consulting Industry Study tracks trends and identifies the opportunities in the Canadian management consulting market. In short, it is a comprehensive analysis of the management consulting profession in Canada. Participating members receive a complimentary copy of the Summary Report free - a $300 value.
- Management Consulting: An Introduction to the Methodologies, Tools and Techniques of the Profession: This publication sets out the fundamental standards of the profession in Canada. Truly professional management consultants share a common essential base of knowledge and skills, consistent definitions of common consulting terminology, and a common professional approach to and process for all clients. New members automatically receive a copy -- a $200 value.
- Special Interest Groups (SIGs): SIGs provide a forum for members with specific interests to develop programs and exchange information with their peers. Current SIGs: Energy and Climate, Business Process Improvement, Government, Healthcare, Human Resources, Strategy, and Technology.
- Flevy: Marketplace for consulting frameworks and tools. As a CMC-Canada member, you can distinguish yourself from other consultants by leveraging Flevy's library of consulting documents
- CMC-Canada is the voice of the management consulting profession and industry in Canada, and around the world, as our professional development and Certified Management Consultant designation is used widely.
- Through the International Council of Management Consulting Institutes (ICMCI) there is reciprocity across borders -- your Canadian 'CMC' is recognized in over 40 other countries.